Author Topic: Praise for civiHosting  (Read 5764 times)

Offline conductorchris

• I post frequently
    • Vermont Rail Action Network
  • CiviCRM version: 4.5.0
  • CMS version: Joomla 3.2.7
  • MySQL version: 5.5.32
  • PHP version: 5.3.26
Praise for civiHosting
« on: November 23, 2011, 06:49:02 am »
I just renewed our organizations hosting with civiHosting for another year and on this day before thanksgiving I realize that one of the things I am thankful for is that our website is hosted with them.

A few years ago I set up a civiCRM/Joomla site on Dreamhost.  It was painful and unreliable.  Some of my struggles are in this archive!  Eventually I had enough and found civiHosting.  Hershel was delightfully helpful in the transition process and the 24/7 support was great.  What a contrast to get responses to support tickets immediately! 

And now, several years on, I can report that I haven't had to contact support at all since that initial transition.  And no downtime at all, that I noticed.

Oh, now that I think it through . . . there was one occasion and it was quickly resolved.  Caused by me not keeping current with my civiCRM installation, I think.  Once in several years.

So I thought I'd leave this review in order to say thanks and to leave for people searching in the future for hosting.
Thanks to those who help create and enhance civiCRM!

Offline e_mason

• I post occasionally
  • Eliot Mason
  • CiviCRM version: 4.05
  • CMS version: Drupal 7
  • MySQL version: 5.1xx
  • PHP version: 3.53
Re: Praise for civiHosting
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »
I'll add a voice to this chorus.  CiviHosting makes it really easy for normal people (e.g. not Linux server experts) to have a site.  We've also got a Rackspace server which has some major benefits and some major pains that would make most people hide under a rock.  We keep moving clients to Civihosting unless they really want the peace of mind afforded by Rackspace's advertising.

Offline Eileen

• Forum Godess / God
  • I’m (like) Lobo ;)
    • Fuzion
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 01:06:16 pm »
I think it's also worth noting that Hershel, of CiviHosting, is a key provider of help (for free and without plugging his services) on the CiviCRM forums so CiviHosting is a great contributor to the CiviCRM eco-system
Make today the day you step up to support CiviCRM and all the amazing organisations that are using it to improve our world - http://civicrm.org/contribute

Offline Donald Lobo

• Administrator
  • I’m (like) Lobo ;)
    • CiviCRM site
  • CiviCRM version: 4.2+
  • CMS version: Drupal 7, Joomla 2.5+
  • MySQL version: 5.5.x
  • PHP version: 5.4.x
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 05:19:03 pm »

I rarely do this, but eileen convinced me at the UK sprints that this is a good thing.

So i'll echo eileen's comments and give a +1 to hershel for all his forum support, which leads me to assume that the support he provides civihosting customers must be super-awesome

anyway, we've heard very good things about civihosting from multiple folks :)

lobo
A new CiviCRM Q&A resource needs YOUR help to get started. Visit our StackExchange proposed site, sign up and vote on 5 questions

Offline Michael McAndrew

• Forum Godess / God
  • I live on this forum
    • Third Sector Design
  • CiviCRM version: various
  • CMS version: Nearly always Drupal
  • MySQL version: 5.5
  • PHP version: 5.3
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 04:17:12 am »
Hershel, of CiviHosting, is a key provider of help (for free and without plugging his services) on the CiviCRM forums so CiviHosting is a great contributor to the CiviCRM eco-system

yeah. i think this a *really* great example of an organisation that has found a way to help civicrm and help themselves at the same time. (and i am looking forward to seeing many more of them :)))
Service providers: Grow your business, build your reputation and support CiviCRM. Become a partner today