Author Topic: [Moved] 'How many people are you registering' should be required  (Read 443 times)

Offline John.K

• I post occasionally
  • CiviCRM version: 4.x
  • CMS version: Drupal 7
  • MySQL version: 5.x
  • PHP version: 5
We've been having a bit of a usability drive, sorry for the spam. Is there a status below trivial?

From a user perspective, the 'How many people are you registering?' input is a required field, and should therefore have the red asterisk for continuity.

However, we can't just add formRule required to the element, because behind the scenes a '1' is a value of nothing (ie: no additional participants).

So what's the easiest way of adding the 'required' class to the element, without adding the form rule itself? It would be great to push this back to core, rather than us just overriding it in our CSS, even though it is a super-trivial improvement.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:32:40 pm by John.K »

Offline petednz

• Forum Godess / God
  • I’m (like) Lobo ;)
    • Fuzion
  • CiviCRM version: 3.x - 4.x
  • CMS version: Drupal 6 and 7
Re: 'How many people are you registering' should be required
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 12:50:13 pm »
John - i would encourage you to take this question over to Stack Exchange which is much more active than the forum now - see red link up in top right
Sign up to StackExchange and get free expert advice: https://civicrm.org/blogs/colemanw/get-exclusive-access-free-expert-help

pete davis : www.fuzion.co.nz : connect + campaign + communicate

Offline John.K

• I post occasionally
  • CiviCRM version: 4.x
  • CMS version: Drupal 7
  • MySQL version: 5.x
  • PHP version: 5
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 02:32:25 pm by John.K »