Author Topic: Reassign a case  (Read 1782 times)

happyHacker

Reassign a case
« on: March 09, 2009, 05:55:07 am »
How do I reassign a case to a different user?

Barry1

Re: Reassign a case
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 03:29:38 pm »
Go to civicase dahborad - my cases, click on the manage case link for the relevant case. Expand the case roles section if it is not already showing. Then it seems you need to first delete the existing case-coordinator (if one is assigned) and then you can add the contact you wish to be the new case coordinator.

You can also change who case activities are assigned to - go into civicase dashboard - my cases or all cases and click on manage case for the relevant case. Then click edit for the activity. In the edit window you can change which contact the activity is assigned to.

Shailesh Lende

Re: Reassign a case
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:06:51 pm »
Hi,
click on the manage case link for the relevant case. Expand the case roles section
yes this is correct but
Then it seems you need to first delete the existing case-coordinator (if one is assigned) and then you can add the contact you wish to be the new case coordinator.
Actually to assign a case to any user, we have to assign any Case Role to it, no need to delete existing role. Case assignment is not  role specific say " Case Coordinator" or any other.
Any Contact which is having relationship via case role.
You can also add new Case Role by clicking "Add New Role" link under Case Role expand.
But changing Case Client is not supported by CiviCase.

Shailesh